Friday, November 18, 2016

Five Minute Friday with Kate Motaung
"Enjoy"

When Joy Comes In Waves

This is not a word I have been overusing lately, but in the last two weeks, God has called me to 'come away' and made me to lie down in green pastures (OK, sandy soil and scrub pine). Reflecting upon it these are the things I thoroughly enjoyed; rest, quiet, laughter, family, being loved, prayer, and conversation. All this enjoyment in and through sadness, confusion and unresolved issues.

This morning upon rising, knowing this was my word to write on, I prayed I could find words, not just from my head but from a place of experience. To me enjoy was a step above like or to just find pleasing. I needed something totally exhilarating or I wouldn't write anything.

We started the day driving through the Cape towns and when the wind blew it was decided we drive to the ocean. We stopped to pick up a quick lunch and drove to Nauset Beach. Last week we were there and the water was still and solemn. Now it was high tide, a magnificent display with overture and ovation.

A brisk wind billowing around us could not distract us from watching and videoing the waves crashing onto the shoreline. It was breathtaking to watch. Truly it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience before ending my time here.

Even as quiet enjoyment was found in my chaos I also sensed God's total control in the rampage of the ocean. His hand holds back the tide. It goes no further than He allows. Thou rulest the raging of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them. Psa 89:9. How much more does He love His children? But even the very hairs of our head are all numbered.  Fear not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Lk 12:7.

https://youtu.be/0Kjm5phjGOs

2 comments:

  1. Isn't our God simply amazing. I whisper prayers for your heart to heal...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get this: "Even as quiet enjoyment was found in my chaos I also sensed God's total control in the rampage of the ocean." Even now, I can feel the strength of that statement. So amazing that He can bring comfort and en-joy-ment even in the noise and the raging.
    Praying strength and comfort for you in this season.

    ReplyDelete