Saturday, March 10, 2018

When I Am Just Too Tired


FiveminuteFriday (on Saturday)
Five minutes of thoughts into words.

Ps 62:1 “Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him”.
My actions tell me when I'm overtired:

Like the time I worked overnight and couldn't get the proper sleep for ten months andmended up not knowing my name or what day it was half the time.

Or the time I was driving with some ladies to a Bible retreat after working all night long. The first thing I did was go through the easy pass without having an easy pass transponder in my car. I argued with them until they refused to go unless I surrendered my control.

And then one day I went to make coffee and instead of putting coffee in the filter, I put the cat food. Multi-tasking is not my forte when tired. Luckily I noticed in time.

What about the time I baked oatmeal cookies and while eating them I realized I had left out the oatmeal. They became brown sugar, raisin cookies. A new recipe is born.

Some things make for good stories later, but not all. The most frequent and obvious telltale sign of my lack of sleep is my emotions. I tend to get very annoyed very quickly.

Stress, anxiety or poor decisions are all factors of sleep deprivation. A scripture that comes to mind is Romans 12:1, 2 “Therefore I urge you,  brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not conformed to the pattern of this world,  but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.”

Whereas there is responsibility and definite work to be done and concern to be had in this world,  I need to examine the patterns of the world by which I shape my life. Renewing (waking up, strengthening,  regenerating) my mind to Christ's will transform me more and more. Tired should be healthy and sleep, restful.



2 comments:

  1. Some of your stories made me laugh. I once left my cell phone in the refrigerator. Was thankful to find it before the damage set it. I get very sensitive and annoyed when I'm over tired too. Visiting from #8 at the FMF this week.

    ReplyDelete