Saturday, February 11, 2017

The word this week is “safe”
Kate Motaung Five minute Friday

The I can and I cannot of safety

//Psa 91:1

“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.”

I can stand beside you
I can listen to you
I can talk with you
I can cry with you
I can laugh with you
I can pray with you
I can feed you
I can advise you
I can support you
I can hold you
I can drop what I'm doing and come to you
All to help you feel safe.//

But

I cannot save you
I'm not God

I cannot explain it all
I'm not all knowing

I cannot heal you
I'm not the physician

I cannot remove it all
I'm not all powerful

Only the one who can save you is the one who can safeguard you.

We are not protected from the storms; we are held tight in the storms.






4 comments:

  1. True.
    We as humans can only do so much. Only God can do everything. Only He can provide true safety

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from FMF. Glad I read your post. I have a friend who has been struggling and I need to remember there is a limit to what I can do, that I can be there for her but I can't fix the situation. It's so important to remember where our limits are and to look to God for the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Mary, spoken as though from a woman who knows and understands healthy boundaries. Such wisdom here. I love it! ❤️
    Shauna ("fashionably late" in #96 this week)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In process only. Ever learning. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete