Sunday, December 20, 2015

The Truth of Love

And love is the fourth candle of Advent.

What does love look like? I've been asking all week cause it's been a hard week, a stressful week. It's not just the stress of the season. It's the stress of health, relationships, all the noise and all the silence; all too deafening.

 I know what my love looks like. It nurtures, it fights, it prays, it endures, it sacrifices, it hurts, it gives, it tires, it seeks, it falls, it gets up and starts all over again.  But in the midst of all that I have times I ask "why should I care?". I have seasons I see no results of all of my efforts. So I go into 'me' mode. I may do the same things, but my motives shift. It's all for my appearance before you and not my pursuit of you.

My love fails...

Herein is love, not that we loved God but that he loved us, and sent His son to be the propitiation for our sins. 1 Jn 4:10.

Love came in a small package,
        even though the world couldn't contain Him. 

Love came helpless,
         even though He knows all things . 

Love came born through a woman,
         even though He created all mankind. 

And love came quietly and alone,
         even though He deserves all the attention of all His creation.

This unfailing love ...doesn't do all the things that my love does, It just is all those things.

Hope expects love in its true definition .
Peace rests in it.
Joy is compelled by it.

Now here it is, the summation of all three.

Love is given...

 Jesus equals love...Emmanuel, God with man to redeem all men and offer the possibility of God being in every man.

Love never fails...

No comments:

Post a Comment