Friday, May 11, 2018

Heaven Came Down


Polka-dot third (not always in symmetry, often random)


How wonderful that I should be included in God's circle! The sun came through the window just before twilight. It wasn't its normal color. It was soft, it was bright, but not glaring, it was rich and smooth. I went outside to see what was happening. Was there a storm brewing? The clouds were not dark and ominous. Some where white, while others, grey, but not sullen. The air around me was pinkish, purple, yellow, stirred together, not pureed. I very light mist of rain, floated silently. It felt surreal. I felt I was being immersed into the sunset.

God wants to include us in His creation, for it is all His creation. He brought the sunset down for me to bask in for a few moments. I felt loved and hugged. God sent Jesus down to us to show us the Father. We didn't have to go up to find Him. There is no merit earned, no steps to climb, no fortress to build to get to heaven. It is just asking Jesus to include us in His plan and to include Him in our hearts and lives. We make It so hard and He makes it so easy.

Standing in His sunset, immersed in His glory.

3 comments:

  1. Love this - that God includes us in all of creation. I just read a book about the Ten Commandments that brings in all of those ideas - from the food we eat to the clothes we buy. It's awesome to think about how interconnected we are. I needed this reminder this morning - thank you! (Your FMF neighbor.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. I like: "We didn't have to go up to find Him." Perfectly worded. So thankful for Him.
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I know what you mean about the special glow of sunset. We have experienced it here many times. Being a small dog sanctuary, most pur time is spent outside at sunset and all seasons. We see and experience God's beauty more than most. Thank you for giving the opportunity to stop and be grateful.

    ReplyDelete